Pride in London 6th & 7th July 2018
Come and join KeshetUK to celebrate Pride in London 2018! We look forward to Jewish communities across the city marking it and celebrating LGBT+ people and their families.
KeshetUK invites you to take part in any way you can. For the Pride Parade itself, we have worked with other Jewish LGBT+ community groups to secure plenty of wristbands so you can join our proud voices. We will also be putting together a list of events happening over this special weekend of celebration.
We'd love to help you publicise any other events too. If you want us to consider including a listing on our website or social media, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West London Synagogue Friday night service
Location: 33 Seymour Pl, Marylebone, London, W1H 5AU
Special Friday Night Chavurah (prayer service) and supper:
Kingston Liberal Synagogue Friday night service
Location: Rushett Road, Long Ditton, Surrey KT7 0UX
Time: from 7pm onwards
As of 2017, seventeen LGBTQ+ Rabbis have been ordained under Leo Baeck College auspices, with a further four other LGBTQ+ Rabbis ordained somewhere else who serve British communities. We will always remember the pioneers, Rabbi Lionel Blue, z”l, Rabbi Sheila Shulman, z”l, and Rabbi Elli Tikvah Sarah who serves Brighton and Hove Liberal synagogue.
Each year, the LGBTQ+ community celebrates the freedom gained in some places of the world, but sadly the work is far from being complete. In many countries, people are killed because of their sexual orientation, whereas in other countries, same-sex couples can have a wedding.
Kingston Liberal Synagogue, the only Liberal synagogue in the south-west of London, beyond the Thames, will have a special chavurah supper led by Rabbi Rene Pfertzel and Rabbi Janet Darley. We will celebrate the achievements and reflect on the current situation. If you are willing to come, please call the office (020 8398 7400) and bring food to share (vegetarian and fish only).
[Please note: No one from KeshetUK will be attending this event but we are proud to promote it]
Saturday 07/07/18 - Morning synagogue service
There is a service at West London Synagogue all are welcome to attend or you are more than welcome to join us directly at Pride. Please see details below on how you can register for your Pride in London wristbands to ensure you're able to march with us.
All timings are TBC.
- Shabbat Morning Service & Kiddush @ West London Synagogue followed by a walk & talk study session on the way to the Parade
- 11am Special Shira Chadashah informal Shabbat service with an LGBT+ study and a rainbow bagel kiddush - all warmly welcomed.
- 12.15pm Walk and Talk Pride study session with Rabbi Sybil Sheridan. Join us as we make our way to meet up with the Jewish delegation on the Pride parade. WLS is especially proud to be sponsoring this year’s Pride Jewish minibus. We want to ensure that irrespective of mobility, all members of the Jewish LGBT+ community are able to participate in this year’s march.
All timings are TBC.
- Pride in London Parade: Assemble to collect wristbands
- Pride Parade starts moving (see Parade section below) - remember to bring your banners and flags!
Saturday 07/07/18 - Joining the Parade
- As a security precaution Pride in London request that everyone in the parade has registered for a wristband. We have a limited number and so please see below on how to register for a free wristband.
- The Jewish groups will meet before hand (location and timing TBC) so you can collect your wristbands. Please look out for the KeshetUK flags!
- We will move to our Assembly Point (location and timing TBC) - the starting position for all the Jewish groups
- The Parade will finish latest at 7pm (but usually it's around 4.30pm - we will have a better idea of timing closer to the time)
As a security precaution, only those with a valid wristband will be able to march in this year's Pride Parade. KeshetUK is coordinating registration for these on a strictly first come first served basis.
- Free wristbands are available to reserve between 30/04/18 - 06/07/18 subject to availability
- Each person can register for up to 4 free wristbands.
- Wristbands will be available for collection in envelopes from KeshetUK volunteers (according to registration details) from our pre-Pride meeting point Saturday 7 July 2018
- In exceptional circumstances and by special request, it may be possible to collect wristbands from Jhub, prior to the event. Please email email@example.com to discuss this.